Gulmarg Gondola is one of the largest and highest cable car projects in Asia. Gulmarg Gondola is a gondola-type ropeway project jointly launched by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir and the Pomagalsky French Institute. Find here Gulmarg Gondola ropeway ticket booking online process. Also, know how to reach and things around it.
Gulmarg Gondola is a top attraction for thousands of tourists where tourists from both local and other parts of the country visit Gulmarg Gondola. Gulmarg Gondola ropeway tour without a ride on the admired cable car is considered incomplete and it’s the second-largest and second-highest cable car project in the world.
The first phase of the Gulmarg Gondola was completed in 1998 and the second phase was completed in a record time of two years with 36 cabins and 18 towers. The Gulmarg Gondola Ropeway was opened for the public on May 28, 2005.
Gulmarg Gondola ropeway Ticket booking online
- 1 Gulmarg Gondola ropeway Ticket booking online
- 1.1 what is Gulmarg Gondola Ride in Gulmarg?
- 1.2 Stage 1: Gulmarg to Kongdoori
- 1.3 Stage 2: From Kongdoori to Apharwat Shikhar
- 1.4 Stage 3: Kongdoori to Mary Shoulder
- 1.5 Which Time is best to visit Gulmarg Gondola Ropeway
- 1.6 Gulmarg Gondola Ticket Rates
- 1.7 Things & Activities around Gulmarg Gondola (To-Do List)
- 1.8 Share this:
- 1.9 Related
Book Gulmarg gondola ropeway tickets online to avoid the hassle of standing in a line and the unavailability of slots. The boarding pass for Gulmarg Gondola is valid for 3 hours after it is handed over to you. But if you are given the pass at 3 PM, it will only be valid for 2 hours, as the cable car ride stops at 5:00 pm.
You have to follow our website guidelines to book Gulmarg Gondola. Must visit our official website of Gulmarg Gondola.
what is Gulmarg Gondola Ride in Gulmarg?
Gulmarg Gondola is a traditional, flat-bottomed rowing boat that used to ferry passengers or visitors in Venice. The Gulmarg Gondola Ropeway is a lift that takes you up and down a mountain.
The winter season is the best time to enjoy the Gulmarg gondola rides. Gulmarg Gondola ride is divided into two stages; this two stages ropeway is capable of ferrying 600 people per hour and at a time 6 people. These two stages are Gulmarg to Kongdoori and Kongdoori to Apharwat Peak.
The cable ride till Apharwat offers you scenic views of Gulmarg Gondola, candidly a photographer’s delight. Children would have a memorable adventure on the Gulmarg Gondola which might be the first for many!
The panoramic views of the mountains and the valley are unforgettable during the cable car ride. Gulmarg Gondola car rides take two Stages.
Gulmarg Gondola ride is surely a mix of excitement and fear. Do not miss out on this exciting Gulmarg Gondola ride that gives a bird’s eye view of the beautiful region. The starting point of Gulmarg Gondola is 20 minutes away from Gulmarg but taxis are easily available, however, you can also reach by walking. Lets see What are the stages involved in the Gulmarg ropeway gondola.
Stage 1: Gulmarg to Kongdoori
Bowl-shaped Kongdoori Valleys from Gulmarg Resort to Kongdoori Station. This ride takes around 9 minutes.
Stage 2: From Kongdoori to Apharwat Shikhar
This ride takes around 12 minutes.
Stage 3: Kongdoori to Mary Shoulder
This ride takes around 11 minutes for the chairlift to go from one point to another.
Which Time is best to visit Gulmarg Gondola Ropeway
- Opening & Closing Time: The Gulmarg Gondola is started at 10:00 AM and Ends at 05:00 PM.
- Timings (Ticket Counter): Tickets will be collected from 09:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m.
Gulmarg Gondola Ticket Rates
- The entry price for Stage 1 is Rs.400 for Adults and Children.
- Free for children below 3 years.
- The entry price for Stage 2 is Rs.600 for Adults and Children (3-10 years).
- Free for Children below 3 years chair lift
- 300 for Adults and Children above 10 years (Note: Children below 10 years not allowed)
- Visit Duration: 1-2 hours, depending on the rush.
- Adventures: Skiing and Trekking.
Things & Activities around Gulmarg Gondola (To-Do List)
In Gulmarg many things to do. Apart from the Gondola, there are many other places in Gulmarg that are worth visiting. Not only Gondola but all the places below are great for sightseeing.
- Apharwat Peak: Apharwat Peaks is a beautiful peak, located at an altitude of about 4200 meters above sea level. Most parts of the year are covered with snow due to heavy snowfall. The LOC is just a few kilometers away. Getting to this place by cable car ride from Gulmarg depends on the weather conditions.
- Timings: 09:00 AM to 07:00 PM
- Entrance Price: Free
- Baba Reshi Shrine: The shrine is dedicated to the Muslim scholar and saint, Baba Reshi who spent his days in meditation and prayer here. The temple has an old Kashmiri architecture with lattice windows, intricately carved Deodar pillars, and exquisite workmanship.
- Gulmarg Golf Course: Gulmarg Golf Course has emerged as one of the most famous golfing destinations in India. Gulmarg Golf Course is one of the largest 18-hole golf courses in the country.
- Timings: 08:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Entrance Price: 800 (Indians)
- 1200 (Foreigners)
- Mary’s Church: The church has a straight green roof with gray stone walls and wooden trimming. The St. Mary’s church was renovated in 2003, and in the same year, after a period of 14 years, Christmas Mass was held.
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- Entrance Price: Free
- Seven Springs: It is known for seven natural outlets of water, mesmerizing eyesight. With Seven Springs you can also catch a majestic overview of both the Srinagar and Gulmarg valleys.
- The Maharani Temples: The royal temple of the East Dogra kings of Jammu &Kashmir, it’s dedicated to lord shiva. The best in this temple is that it can be seen from any part of Gulmarg.
- Gulmarg Winter Music and Adventure Festival: The Gulmarg Winter music and Adventure Festival is the first winter festival in India which is promoted by Jammu & Kashmir Government. The Gulmarg Winter Music and Adventure Festival open with music bands, photography, movies, dance performances, movies, food, and adventure activities.
- Alpather Lake: The lake remains frozen during winters, and the surrounding fields get laden with snow. It is a stunning natural attraction. The lakeside has become a favorite picnic spot for the locals as well as tourists. Horseback riding on snowy roads is exciting enough for you to come and visit again.
- Strawberry Valley: The latest strawberries found during the summer in the Strawberry Valley should be tasted. Don’t forget to pack a sample of fresh strawberries for later. Many important scenes of Namak Halal starring Shashi Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan have been shot around this impressive hill station.
- Ningle Nallah: Ningal Nallah is an amazing mountain stream that flows through lush green valleys. It has snow-capped mountains in its background and meadows of peacock wildflowers on either side. The main source of Ningal Nallah is water formed by melting ice in Apharwat Peak and Alpather Lake. The stream merges into the Jhelum River after passing through mountains and valleys, and the surrounding grassy area is ideal for camping and picnics.
- Timings: 09:00 AM to 07:00 PM
- Ferozepur Nallah: Ferozepur Nallah is a picturesque mountain stream, which passes through a beautiful fence between China marg and Nurpur Pass. Surrounded by pine trees, lush meadows, and huge snow-capped mountains, the place serves as an ideal picnic spot. Do not forget to click-happy moments. You can indulge yourself in trout fishing, after a bright sunny afternoon for which this stream is famous.
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve: The Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve is home to many common and rare species of fauna, flora, and avifauna. The park is home to musk deer, hangul, leopard, brown bear, black bear, and red fox. The area has a large population of native and migratory birds, including Griffon Vulture, Blue Rock Pigeon Monal, Snow Coke, European Hoopoe, Koklas, Kashmir Roller, and Jungle Crow. It offers many opportunities to capture movements as well as moments of animals in their different moods.
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Must visit the Gulmarg gondola ropeway in winter if you want to see the magic of winter wonderland in Gulmarg.
For more information on Tourism in Jammu & Kashmir please visit the official website of the tourism department Here.
If you are a ropeway lover then you must visit the Gulmarg gondola ropeway for the same. You can also visit our homepage for more ropeways and cable cars around the world like this.